Welcome to the application site for the Panel Assessor roles for Queensland Health’s Office of Health Statutory Agencies.
On behalf of Queensland Health and Davidson Executive & Boards, we would like to thank you for your interest.
This site has been designed to provide access to the Application Information Package and instructions for processing your application should you wish to apply.
YOUR APPLICATION CAN ONLY BE CONSIDERED IF IT MEETS THE CRITERIA AND APPLICATION PROCESS SPECIFIED BY QUEENSLAND HEALTH.
The Office of Health Statutory Agencies (OHSA) is a unit within the Office of the Director General, Department of Health. OHSA assists the Minister progress appointments to health portfolio statutory agencies.
QCAT is an independent tribunal that effectively resolves disputes for a range of civil matters, such as consumer, debt, residential tenancy disputes as well as healthcare matters.
QCAT’s involvement in the healthcare sector relates to 19 panels of assessors which have been established under section 177 of the Health Ombudsman Act 2013 to provide expert advice to judicial members hearing disciplinary matters referred to QCAT in relation to a range of health professions.
QCAT deals with serious disciplinary matters which may, if substantiated, result in the cancellation or suspension of a health practitioner’s registration.
QCAT draws upon assessors from the relevant panel to assist in disciplinary hearings on an as needed basis. Each assessor may be appointed for up to five years.
On 26 August 2020, the terms of appointment of 75 assessors across 12 panels will expire. The panel vacancies must be filled before the expiration date. The panels with members expiring are:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island Health Practitioners Panel of Assessors
- Chinese Medicine Practitioners Panel of Assessors
- Chiropractors Panel of Assessors
- Dental Hygienists, Dental Therapists and Oral Health Therapist Panel of Assessors
- Dentists Panel of Assessors
- Medical Practitioners Panel of Assessors
- Medical Radiation Panel of Assessors
- Occupational Therapists Panel of Assessors
- Pharmacists Panel of Assessors
- Physiotherapists Panel of Assessors
- Psychologists Panel of Assessors
- Public Panel of Assessors
In addition, the following panels require 25 new members, vacancies which must also be filled by 26 August 2020:
- Dental Prosthetists of Assessors
- Optometrists Panel of Assessors
- Osteopaths Panel of Assessors
- Podiatrists Panel of Assessors
Appointments to the panels are made by the Governor in Council, acting on the recommendation of the Minister. Before recommending individuals for membership, the Minister is required to advertise for expressions of interest from suitably qualified persons, as defined in the Health Ombudsman Act 2013.
Queensland Health is seeking to generate a large and diverse pool of suitably qualified applicants for consideration by the Minister.