eHealth Queensland is one of the largest Information Communication Technology (ICT) operations in the state. It is responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of information systems and technologies. In collaboration with the 16 Hospital and Health Services, the Department of Health has been delivering eHealth solutions for the Queensland public health system since 2007. Queensland Health's eHealth Investment Strategy outlines the plan for investing in the digital future of Queensland Health.
About the Role
Reporting directly to the Chief Solution Delivery Officer, the Senior Director, Digital Health and Business Solutions is accountable for the management of all large scale health and business projects and applications across Queensland Health. These includes highly complex, business critical programs such as:
- The integrated electronic Medical Record (ieMR);
- Interoperability Project
- Foundation Enterprise Solutions Clinical Program
This role will successfully deliver large and complex digital projects for Queensland Health’s 16 Hospital and Health Services and provide project services ranging from design (post-final business case) through to operational readiness / commissioning and handover. Responsibilities include leading a large team and accountability for a significant budget million.
We are seeking a proven executive who is eager to be an integral part of the Digital Solutions Delivery Branch leadership team aspiring to be Queensland Health’s trusted partner and advisor for digital health project delivery excellence and an employer of choice for project specialists. To be considered for this exciting opportunity you will possess:
- Proven experience in leading, defining and monitoring strategies which achieve high reliability in delivering programs and projects as well as delivering projects to scope, within timeframes and budget, and to the necessary quality meeting the aspirations of the customer and the organisation for improved services and infrastructure;
- Demonstrated experience in the management of large, complex and business critical digital programs, projects and applications from design (post-final business case) through to operational readiness / commissioning and handover;
- Ability to ensure customer requirements and expectations are addressed and balanced with other regulatory, policy, government, stakeholder and operational requirements, to ensure the program outcomes meet all stakeholder needs;
- Demonstrated experience undertaking high level strategic negotiations, providing expert advice and resolving complex risks and issues associated with portfolio delivery;
- Ability to identify and define the major strategic issues and integrate diverse stakeholder interests with the government’s broader agenda to inform the development and prioritisation of project initiatives as well as to proactively understand and mitigate risks;
- Proven high level management capability in the leadership and development of high performing, multi-discipline teams, including demonstrated success in achieving team cohesion in line with strategic direction;
- Advanced interpersonal, communication, negotiation, consultation and collaboration skills incorporating the ability to liaise and consult effectively with personnel at all levels within and external to eHealth Queensland;
- Possess shared vision and values that strive for customer-centricity, accountability, challenging the status quo, capability building and a commitment to creating a culture of inclusion, respect and collaboration;
- Proven track record of creating a people first culture
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline, qualifications and experience in Prince2, Agile and ITIL are highly desirable.
To apply, please email a Microsoft Word version (.doc or .docx) of your Resume to Nicola.firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference JO-1912-98820. For a confidential conversation please contact David (Will) Wilson on 0407 573 962 or Marcus Engeman on 0431 804 418.