Brisbane South PHN (BSPHN) has a strong commitment to working in partnership with our local communities, with primary health care professionals, regional hospital and health services, all levels of government and with the public, private and not-for-profit sectors. Through delivering on our strategic vision of Better System, Better Health, our aim is that the Brisbane South region, its primary health agencies, professionals and its local communities will be recognised as experiencing a high quality health system that is delivering improved lifelong health and wellbeing.
BSPHN supports the primary health sector in a number of ways.
- Through careful analysis, consultation and planning, we help to identify and address health needs and service gaps.
- We share knowledge and information with and throughout our network.
- We work directly with general practitioners, allied health professionals and health care organisations.
- Our services include sharing of information, digital solutions and workforce education and training, so health service providers can be better placed to deliver care to patients, keeping them healthy and out of hospital.
- Through our partners and contracted providers we commission the delivery of services for our region’s most vulnerable people, including those in need of mental health, drug and alcohol and other support services.
About the role
You will provide leadership and strategic direction as part of the Leadership Team on planning, knowledge and performance management, and primary health care, in alignment with the PHN’s strategic plan.
A focus will be the development and implementation of strategic initiatives associated with integrated care, general practice improvement and transformation, digital health and the primary care workforce. By facilitating the use of evidence your team will develop, implement, evaluate and improve programs and services, and ensure performance monitoring and analysis of contemporary practices.
Of importance will be the management of strategic relationships with critical partners including hospital and health services.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity you will possess:
- A relevant tertiary qualification and at least 5-8 years’ experience in health service/population health planning and management.
- Executive level experience in the development and management of strategic business plans, project management plans and budgets
- Executive level skills in critical thinking and analysis, strategic evidence-based decision making.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication, negotiation and presentation skills.
- High level experience in the application of program and project management tools, processes and
- A contemporary and versatile leadership style.
- Highly developed conceptual, analytical, diagnostic and solution focused problems solving skills.
- A high level of commercial or business acumen.
For further information contact David Reynolds on 0410 471 652 (david.Reynolds@davidsonwp.com).