About Townsville Enterprise
For almost 30 years Townsville Enterprise has been a key driver in attracting major investment to the Townsville North Queensland region. It ensures that the regions of Townsville, Palm Island, Burdekin, Hinchinbrook and Charters Towers benefit from investment and economic prosperity, tourism opportunities and the business events market. Townsville Enterprise is recognised as the peak advocacy body for the region and is also the Regional Tourism Organisation for North Queensland.
About Your Opportunity
Reporting to the Chair and Board of Directors, the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) is responsible for delivering economic development outcomes for North Queensland and the broader Northern Australia region. The CEO will work with the private sector and all three levels of Government to create jobs, growth, infrastructure investment and a better quality of life for communities in Northern Australia. The CEO has responsibility for the development of Strategic and Operational Plans and Budgets and the delivery of associated projects and activities to achieve targeted outcomes. The CEO has financial stewardship of the organisation to achieve growth in revenues, savings and operational efficiencies, as well as employing the appropriate people and culture strategies to nurture the desired working environment for optimum performance.
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- At least a first degree in a relevant field (e.g. media, business, economics or political science) and five years' relevant professional experience in policy, communications, Government or advocacy (experience with a non-profit preferred).
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of Local, State and Federal Government, Government agencies and Australian political process.
- Demonstrated ability to network and develop strong working relationships with Government agencies, the private sector, interest groups and the general public.
- Demonstrated capability to identify appropriate Stakeholders and to harness their insight to develop evidence-based policy platforms.
- Demonstrated high level of operational leadership and management skills with experience in strategic execution, developing operational plans and management of resources and budgets.
- Excellent people leadership and development skills including demonstrated ability to lead teams to achieve targeted outcomes and to develop and sustain a high-performance culture.
- Strong communication skills including interpersonal, written and verbal, and a demonstrated capability to prepare and present correspondence, reports and submissions of a complex and substantive nature and demonstrated media presentation experience.
- Strong awareness of North Queensland industries, economic sectors, development and business issues.
- Comprehensive project management, development and implementation skills and experience in managing a number of major projects and resources concurrently.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only. If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact David (Will) Wilson on 0499 920 848, quoting ref no. JO-2012-102397. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com