About the Company
Northern Queensland Primary Health Network (NQPHN) is an independent, not-for-profit organisation funded by the Australian Government to commission services to meet the health needs and priorities of our region.
Primary health care is recognised as the most effective way to keep communities and individuals healthy and well.
NQPHN works closely with communities across regional and remote Northern Queensland to deliver primary health care to a diverse group of people.
This is the perfect career opportunity for a successful health professional to positively influence people's lives through steering the strategies and operations of NQPHN.
About the Role
As Chief Operating Officer (COO), and integral member of the executive leadership team, you will be responsible for leading and directing the Executive Directors of operational and service portfolios, and oversee the design, development and delivery of health initiatives and funding activities across the region.
Key elements of the role include:
- implementation of strategic activities across regions which will reduce health risks, promote good health and early intervention strategies;
- the commissioning of programs in partnerships with health service providers and other agencies to implement new and innovative models of care and/or service delivery;
- development of strong partnerships with GP's, Pharmacists, Dentists, Allied Health professionals, HHSs and other service providers;
- ensuring compliance with the performance and accountability reporting framework of the Commonwealth Government's health reforms; and
- managing the annual operational plan and budget for each program.
The successful applicant will demonstrate a high level of understanding of contemporary health service management issues, and key areas of health sector policy, governance, operations and evidence-based practice management. You will also have a sound understanding of the Commissioning model underpinned by clinical insight and the regional healthcare needs of patients and the public.
Your success in in creating a collaborative culture of achieving results and working in a fast paced, complex operational environment is essential, as is your experience in an Executive role or leadership role with equivalent responsibilities.
You will have acquired knowledge and experience in developing and maintaining relationships and systems that support the participation of consumers and communities in health services' decision-making processes.
Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline are highly desirable.
To apply, click the link and upload your cover letter and current resume in one Microsoft Word document only (.doc or .docx).
If you would like to have a confidential discussion or would like to obtain a copy of the Success Profile, please contact David Reynolds on 07 3023 1009 or 0410 471 652 quoting Reference JO-2009-101457.
Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com