- Build strong relationships across a diverse stakeholder group
- Provide strategic leadership to a respected professional team
- Drive and influence safety outcomes across communities and workplaces
About The Office of Industrial Relations (OIR)
The Office of Industrial Relations (OIR) is a key contributor to the government's strategic objectives in the areas of work health and safety, electrical safety, workers' compensation, industrial relations and labour hire regulation. In partnership with stakeholders, they strive to achieve the lowest rate of work-related and electrical fatality, injury and disease in the nation, improved workers' compensation regulatory services and a fair industrial relations framework in Queensland.
OIR's vision is to be a government of the 21st century; one government that is connected and working together to deliver smarter, simpler outcomes that are responsive to the needs of Queenslanders now and for the future. The Director, Occupational Health and Hygiene and Asbestos will advance OIR's delivery on this vision and will be accountable for leading the planning, development and implementation of strategies to safeguard workers and the general public across the state.
About the Opportunity
The role will form part of the Specialised Health and Safety Services Division providing leadership, specialist advice and expertise on emerging issues and trends and evaluation of high level strategies in priority industry and hazard areas, to ensure best practice outcomes in regard to asbestos, hazardous chemicals, vapours, fumes, dust, radiation, carcinogens, noise, heat, infectious organisms, lead and other occupational health hazards.
The Director will provide leadership by driving and coordinating input into whole of government and national activities regarding occupational health, hygiene and asbestos hazards including biological, physical and chemical agents.
In order to be successful in your application you will have demonstrated effective strategic leadership within a regulatory environment and a proven expertise in leading specialist teams. Critically, you will be able to show the following attributes:
- High level skills in occupational health or hygiene as evidenced by successful interventions to improve safety outcomes for workers and communities in a broad spectrum of industries
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills as demonstrated by successfully leading technical or contentious matters before senior public officials, courts, media, peers and senior industry and union officials.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the evaluation of peer research, policy and legislation to devise and direct safety programs in response to new and emerging hazards.
- Ability to rapidly acquire a competent working knowledge of the Queensland workplace health and safety legislation, the legislative process and the major government and non-government stakeholders in occupational health and hygiene in Australia.
Your future-focused, client centric approach and engaging leadership style will see you capitalise on the existing services and look for potential enhancements moving forward with OIR and industry.
Applications close on 23 April 2021.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Ryan Webster on 0427 329 443, quoting ref no. JO-2103-103642. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com