- Lead the National Reform Agenda
- Reporting to CEO and being key part of the Leadership Team
- High Profile Stakeholder Management
The NTC leads national land transport reform in support of all Australian governments' to improve safety, productivity, environmental outcomes and regulatory efficiency. NTC employees collaborate with government and industry representatives to deliver the NTC program of work.
As a key contributor to the national reform agenda, the NTC is accountable to Australian transport ministers through the Infrastructure and Transport Ministers' Meeting (ITMM), which comprises Commonwealth, state and territory ministers who are responsible for transport and infrastructure, and local government representation. The NTC works closely with the ministers' advisory body, the Infrastructure and Transport Senior Officials' Committee (ITSOC), which includes the heads of Commonwealth, state and territory agencies as well as other transport bodies.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, this is a senior leadership role directing the delivery of the work programs aligned to regulatory reform projects. In this role you will lead a team of highly capable professionals to deliver a program of national transport reform - including the automated vehicle program, National Rail Action Plan and heavy vehicle law review. Partnering with stakeholders across industry and government, you will work across projects and policies that are supported by a sound evidence-base and backed by national collaboration.
To be successful in this role, you will possess:
- Exceptional leadership and people management skills with proven ability to lead, motivate and develop a team
- A proven track record of effective stakeholder engagement or community engagement
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of transport issues or significant experience in regulatory reform
- High level analytical skills, with an ability to deal with complex matters and lead tasks as required
- Strong ability to juggle multiple projects and work across teams on a number of reform programs
- A strong network of influential stakeholder contacts, preferably within the Australian transport industry
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline and a sound understanding of the transport industry in Australia are highly desirable
- A willingness to share and contribute to NTC's values: Care; Commitment; Curiosity; Collaboration; and Courage
To apply, please click the 'apply now' button and upload your resume. For a confidential discussion, please call Jarrod McLauchlan on 0407 808 517 or Ryan Webster on 0427 329 443 at Davidson Executive & Boards.