- Join one of the most cosmopolitan municipalities in Victoria
- An inviting city diverse and alive with activity, designed for a brighter future
- Balance contemporary thinking, leadership and technical nous
Located 20km South East of Melbourne's CBD and home to more than 200,000 residents, Monash City Council is one of the most cosmopolitan municipalities in Victoria whose vision is to be an inviting city diverse and alive with activity, designed for an even brighter future. Find out more here: https://www.monash.vic.gov.au/About-Us
Monash City Council are seeking a CA or CPA qualified finance leader who demonstrates a balance between contemporary thinking, empowering leadership and technical nous.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Manager Financial Services will have key responsibility for the following services: Management Accounting; Financial Accounting; Revenue Collection, Property and Valuation Services.
Through the application of sound business principles, commercial acumen, continuous improvement and customer service philosophies, the Manager Financial Services, plays a strategic role in the positioning of the Council to respond to changing business and commercial imperatives as well as legislative and statutory requirements.
Furthermore, the Manager Financial Services will:
- Lead the implementation of a new finance system;
- Support Monash City Council through post Covid-19 financial recovery;
- Establish positive working relationships with elected members, the executive leadership team and other senior staff across Council;
- Provide visionary long term financial planning;
- Manage the financial implications or challenges for Council's strategic direction in major projects.
To be considered for this opportunity, you will be a proven financial leader who is CA/CPA qualified and who has proven experience working in a large complex organisation, ideally within the broader public / community sector. You will demonstrate contemporary thinking, political nous and an approach that is both collaborative and credible. You are used to working at pace and can balance both strategic priorities and operational effectiveness with sound project management principles. Furthermore you are highly regarded for your ability to build trusted relationships with your key stakeholders and for your exceptional people leadership and ability to cultivate high performing teams.
The City of Monash values flexible working arrangements and embraces workplace diversity, inclusion, and equity and are committed to being a child safe organisation and have zero tolerance to child abuse.
For a copy of the PD, please follow this link:Manager Financial Services PD - City of Monash or to apply, please upload your CV (note a covering letter is not required and applications will close at 9.00am 17th August). For any questions not outlined in the PD, please contact Melanie Pecanek on 0408 898 734.